Winners receive one of four $20,000 prizes to invest in building or further developing a business plan to implement your amazing idea or project to improve health outcomes.
Finalists will be promoted within UCLA and throughout Los Angeles for your work.
How to Enter
Complete the entry form and submit it by March 31st, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. PST. You may continue to edit and modify your entry up until this deadline.
We received many successful proposals from last year's competition. Click on the links below to view the finalists’ proposals:
- A Clinic for the Developmentally Disabled in Underserved LA
- Bruin Shelter - A Student Run Haven for Homeless Youth
- Student Run Homeless Clinic: Healthcare for Those Most in Need
- Project AutTrain: Health Care Access for Adults with Autism
- UCLA Alzheimer's and Dementia Care Program
- Outreach to Individuals with Serious Mental Illnesses
- B-RESILIENT: Creating Apps Together for Community Wellness
- Friday Night Lights: Life Coaching for Promising Teens
- Giving Them a Voice: Advance Care Planning for the Homeless
- The Southern Los Angeles Patient Navigation and Wellness Center
If you have any questions about the entry process or experience any problems when entering the competition, please contact Community Engagement at email@example.com
Prizes & Deadlines
Four monetary prizes of $20,000 will be awarded to community-partnered or service-learning projects. Prizes will be awarded to the UCLA faculty member but there is an expectation that the funding will be used in a way that best supports the partnership in implementing the project submitted to the competition.
Funds must be spent during the 2017-2018 fiscal year, ending June 30th, 2018.
An interim progress report and final report will be required. More information will follow.
Entry Stage: Now - March 31st, 2017 11:59 p.m. PST
Judging and Evaluation: April 2017 (specific date to be confirmed)
Finalists Announced: Early May 2017 (specific date to be confirmed)
Online Public Voting: May - June 2017 (specific dates to be confirmed)
Winners Announced: June 2017 (specific date to be confirmed)